What A Club

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

What A Club

Post by Don P » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:30 am

Greetings -

You all know this, but the people of COM are the best.

Thurs pm while taking my Miata off the trailer in the paddock the transmission locked up. Reverse gear only. On Friday without second thought to their own tasks at hand, Will Martins, Gordon Andrade, Matt Daniels, Bill Hosselbarth, and Marc Martin came to help. The car went up on jackstands - two folks under it, one in it, two at the rear wheels, and the Miata maestro Les Seal via cell phone for 'tech support'. They did their thing and the car now had four forward gears, good enough for me to run. They also did this while I was out instructing.

Thanks to those people and all the others in COM for displaying such great sportsmanship and help.

Best,

Don

Grippy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Grippy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:51 pm

Our pleasure to help, glad it all worked out and you were still able to run. We needed to keep busy to stay warm anyway. \:D/

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:37 pm

As Gordon said, it was a pleasure to help. Good thing Les hasn't got around to farming out tech support to India yet. :lol:

You are right though, what a club, and what an amazing year! Thanks to the many officers, directors, chiefs, instructors, and members who work hard to keep the club cranking along! Your hard work is appreciated and you inspire members to give back to COM as well.

Thank you!

- Will
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:35 pm

I should also say thanks to the many people who helped with my car when the exhaust header failed later that same day. Mark Swinehart put me in touch with his son Craig who was coming down the next day. I was able to work out a plan for Craig to pick up a stock manifold and have it at the track the next morning.

Even luckier, Brian Formel was at the track that day. I believe he lives closeby and was just visiting. The header was pulled, welded, and dropped off the next morning. I was busy with tech, so the usual Miata suspects above and fellow ST4 Miata-guy Steve Hosker helped with the install. By the time I was back, the car was just about ready to go.

Thanks to Brian and everyone else! I could have never made it without your help. What a club indeed!

- Will
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny: