SOLD - 2000 Miata

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

SOLD - 2000 Miata

Post by dinoracer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:11 am

Ok Dave, I’ll steal your idea, I’m itchy for change too

No pictures, you’ve all seen this car, I’m happy to have you come by any time and we’ll crawl around it together, it’s at my house in the garage .

2000 Miata, Black with some remaining tan interior. 97k miles, the last 12,000 are track miles I’d guess.

Traded a 65 Mustang to Bill Hosselbarth in 2010 for it. Since then it’s been first a fun sunny weather driver then became a dedicated track car after a couple years. Everything on it has been replaced, updated , changed over the past 9 years of ownership. Off the top of my head:

- has a 90k mile motor, 79 k tranny from Expoline currently. Fresh head this past August with mazdaspeed cam, otherwise stock. Runs good, no smoke, little oil drip from the back maybe the main seal but not enough to leave a mark on the drive so I haven’t bothered to fix it yet. Shifts good.

- header, high flow exhaust never a sound issue anywhere
- urethane engine mounts, yes it’s noisy but never a missed shift since they went in
- clutch and flywheel a couple years ago. Factory lsd rear, aluminum radiator
- otherwise stock drivetrain. Stock ecu
- urethane everywhere in the suspension
- new in 2019 Xida gen 2 West coast hotness coil overs, 900/500 I think. Sexy looking too.
- racing beat bars
- control arms, tie rod ends, etc have been replaced over the past few years. Due for front hubs I’ll do them before selling the car.
- Chris Howard cage
- factory hardtop
- alum seats and In date harnesses
- gutted doors , removable factory glass seals nice for storage
- extra gauges, removable wheel, mount for Aim solo, can include or not.
- 4 sets of rims with tires can be included or not
- whatever spare Miata stuff I have around can be included, or not
- if you need an open trailer, we can talk about that, I’m thinking of getting an enclosed one

- yes it’s been dented a couple times, but not for a couple years now. Last time I hurt it at the Glen, replaced fender door and bumper and repainted as needed and it cleans up nice and shiny still. I’d say a bit better than average racecar finish. Been off the road and a track only car long enough that very little original rusty looking hardware remains, so no hot wrench required to maintain.

I have no asking price. I have no plan yet for replacing it. Just have the itch to maybe move on.

If you have something interesting to trade let’s talk. If you want to buy it outright let’s talk. If you have a Miata or MX-5 street car and have been thinking about adding a cage let’s talk, I sold my Z4 and I miss having a convertible around for commuting.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

rousespointer
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Re: Feel this- 2000 Miata

Post by rousespointer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Not sure I can offer what you are looking for, but I have a couple of street cars that I am willing to trade for a caged street legal car like your Miata. One is a 1998 Mustang GT that has a pretty much stock engine, but tons of mods for Autocross or Track. I was going to put in a four point harness bar and run it (which I can include), but have decided to go with less horsepower to match my driving skills. I have a full binder of all the mods from the original owner (cobra brakes, etc.) I have Enkie wheels for car (two sets). Maybe someone else has what you might consider, and would be interested in my Mustang. I also have a 2004 JCW MC40 mini cooper (JCW engine and suspension). It is stock except for Wilwood brakes on the front. I was going to run that car this year, but I can't see chopping it up, as it is a pretty desirable collector car in stock form. I can send all the details on the Mustang to anyone who is interested.

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi Ron

Send me some details couple pics maybe on the Mustang please at tjc9909 at msn dot com. I’m a sucker for old mustangs. Maybe we can work something out. The Cooper sounds fun too but nay car that needs the engine pulled to change an AC line ( learned that from Lester) is low on my list of fun cars to maintain

Thanks Tom
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)

rousespointer
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by rousespointer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:56 pm

Tom,
Sent a few pics to your email.
Here are the main things added to car by previous owner...
K&N Filter
C&L Upper Plenum
FRPP PI intake manifold
MSD coils/plug wires
UPR catted X-pipe
FRPP 2.5 cat back exhaust
FRPP shorty headers
FRPP King Cobra Clutch/adj cable
FRPP alum driveshaft
FRPP Cobra front lower control arms
Tokico struts/shocks
Eibach pro kit
UPR caster/camber plates
Prothane offset rack bushings
Energy Suspension bushings/sway bar end links
Brembo 13 inch brakes
FRPP Cobra rims
Flowmaster mufflers
Custom rear spoiler (forgot brand).

all good fluids

For parts on shelf, I have four point cage and brake stuff for, plus Enkei wheels (wont fit front)

I actually have all the documentation for the parts, bills of sale for parts, etc. Found car in Southern CT. Even has a number of dealer repair invoices. There is a small tear in front driver seat but otherwise car looks stock. Car has 122K miles. The only thing I did was rebuild the tranny and put in a new battery last month.

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Link to pics, pardon the dust and scuffs, haven't had a chance to clean it yet this winter

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

More detailed description:

2000 Miata, Current engine has 97k miles, the most recent 3-4k on the track. Car is a New England car, so some surface rust underneath but has not been winter driven in 12+ years. Pretty much every bolt on the car has been off for one reason or another in the past 10 years so service is not an issue.

Good NH title (never salvage), could be street driven if you want to ride around in a noisy car and have a sympathetic inspection station that overlooks the lack of a horn

Car has had a couple wall taps over the years, but repaired/replaced as needed. Black with black hardtop, painted 2 years ago nice shiny paint, not show car but a little better than race car quality

Weight is around 2250 with half a tank of gas without driver

Roll cage by local expert Chris Howard, thru dash (but not firewall) , doors bars each side extend into doors for maximum space. Spec Miata design, not SCCA inspected though it should be no problem if you wanted to go that route with the car.

3-4 sets of wheels 15’ x 7”, One Enkei RFP1, 3 other sets not quite as light. One set RE71R tires little wear used as rains, two sets Nitto NT-01, mostly worn but maybe a day or two left, one set of shitty RA-1s

Drivers seat mounted direct to floor, as low as possible, including removing stock floor pan humps and reinforcement of mounting points. I’m a big guy, if you’re not there is room to add some brackets and re-mount the seat as needed. Kirkey alum seat with head “halo” design. Passenger seat is aluminum but lesser design no halo. 6 point racing harnesses twist-lock latch for both

OEM Hard Top with hard mounted brackets installed/ softtop is removed

Mazdaspeed intake cam, good for 3-4 HP. Replaced WP, timing belt and components with engine install 3 years ago. Head was rebuilt August 2019 due to low compression in one cylinder after a “money shift” or 2 – replaced seals, valve seats etc. Compression now equal at 180+ in all 4. Stock intake and air filter box. Supermiata poly engine engine mounts

Raceland header, Roadstersport SS mid-pipe with high flow CAT and catback exhaust/muffler. Never trouble making sound anywhere.
Polyurethane rear subframe/diff mount. Polyurethane on all suspension bushings OEM torsen LSD 4.30 ratio

1999 5 speed transmission, replaced 4-5 years ago has about 70k miles shifts good

Synthetic oils in everything, changed annually, oil changed 2X a year

New in 2019 Xida/Super Miata race gen 2 coilover suspension with tender springs 900lb front, 500lb rear springs. These are the hot set-up for non-spec miatas. Car is also corner balanced and aligned with -2.5 camber front and rear, 0 toe- Replaced all camber bolts with new ones. Extended lower ball joints (to get extra camber)

Racing beat front sway bar with 949 endlinks. Stock rear sway bar (usually disconnected)

New front and rear wheel bearing/hubs installed in mid 2018 repacked with high performance grease. Fronts should be changed for this season

Momo Racing steering wheel with quick release

Airbags (driver and passenger) removed A/C removed but heater retained. All lights present and working

Power-steering rack depowered and excess parts removed. Dash in place, rest of interior removed

Clutch - Flying Miata happy meal stage 2 clutch with Light wheel flywheel

Stainless steel flex brake lines with Hawk DTC 60/30 racing brake pads

All aluminum high capacity radiator

External water temp and oil pressure gauges mounted on dash. Low oil pressure, low water pressure, High water temperature indicator lights. Aim Solo mount in car (Aim not included, but could be)

Removable stock windows for travel and weather protection

In COM points at 43. Running in T-40 now on Nitto NT-01, could be run at the top of T30 with a tire change and some ballast, or room for improvement in T-40 if you want to add some changes or drop some weight or change to better tire… This is a good solid car that needs a better driver than me to bring it to the glory it deserves.

Asking $ 8,000 for car and all rims and tires. Checking around, “Spec Miata” donor cars with cages and hardtops added seem to be in the $7-8 range, and they don’t have the suspension, wheels and gauges added like this car has.

Could include the trailer too for another $2000 if that will help you make the jump
Tom Cannon