NHMS2

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Bobc
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

NHMS2

Post by Bobc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm

I wanted to send out a heart felt Huge THANK YOU !!!! to all who participated in the parade lap for Laura,Bill and Steve. It was more that a bit impressive and emotional to see the cars and trucks basically ringing the race track it was awesome to see from my views in font and as everyone entered the pits. Now if she could have only not been holding the damn left rear tire it would have been cool. But that was not to be....
I know Pat McMahon was also moved buy everyone's participation.

Thanks also for all the kind words over the weekend, you made it much more comfortable to come back and drive in this situation! I definitely appreciated it.

I talked to Tom Greer he okayed me letting people know, that Kelly has a broken right leg and a fractured pelvis.but in typical Kelly form she was calling in to the shop first thing this morning from the hospital. They kept her over night for observation, she will need surgery on the leg after the swelling goes down. She felt terrible that she had cause a huge loss of track time, but was much relived to hear that the TT was not scrubbed.

Bob Cairns

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: NHMS2

Post by offcamber09 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Great to have you back in action, Bob. Only fitting that it was an FTD.
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

Juiced06GTO
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Juiced06GTO » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:07 am

Bob, it was good to see you back out there. I couldn't help but think that Laura got the last laugh, she really didn't want you doing burnouts in her car!
2006 Pontiac GTO - Recovering Drag Racer....

DanB
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:36 pm

It was great to see you at the track, congrats on the FTD! I loved seeing that yellow car all weekend. Even if it made me cry...
We all love you and Laura, thanks for keeping her car out where we are all used to seeing it. Sorry about the clutch burnout :lol:

Thanks for the update on Kelly. It was tough to see her car all wadded up next to that big rock. Broken bones is tough but no concussion or head injuries or worse is some kind of good news.
'17 Subaru BRZ PP, #7 T50
Gone but not forgotten: Datsun 240Z, #7 SPB :cry: