Mont Tremblant camping questions

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Mont Tremblant camping questions

Post by Dave_G » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:32 am

For those of us planning to camp at Mont Tremblant, I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer:

1. How late can we arrive on Wednesday night and still be able to get into the paddock?

2. How early can we arrive Wednesday without crashing some other group's party?

3. Can we stay over Friday night and leave Saturday morning?

4. Are there showers?

Thanks!

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:07 am

http://www.lecircuit.com/en/rules.htm

Looks like there is no camping at the track.... There should be camping nearby though..
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Dave_G » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:14 am

TroyV wrote:Looks like there is no camping at the track.... There should be camping nearby though..
I asked people about this at the last COM event I attended, and was assured that people do camp in the paddock. I think that no camping rule may be aimed at spectators. OK, let's make that question #5:

5. Am I right about that?

xstar
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by xstar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:53 am

There are no paddocks at Le Circuit MT. There is simply a large unpaved gravel area to park, like Lime Rock.

Camping is not allowed at Le Circuit MT for anyone.
#423 ST3 1996 Sumazdaru Miata STi

Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Dave_G » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:13 pm

OK, now I'm confused. Apparently I've been misinformed.

I guess I should go back and read whatever discussions I've ignored about lodging options. :(

boltonite
Administrator
Administrator

Rules?

Post by boltonite » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:03 pm

FWIW,
The official rules say no camping but no one will kick you out when the gates are closed and locked (~ 10pm).

You should be able to get in after 5 pm if another group has the track, or sooner if the track is not being used.

I don't recall seeing showers in the new restrooms in the tower, but I believe there is hot water ... you can always use a sponge, a bucket, and Simple Green.

Fred

alisonnic
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Re: Rules?

Post by alisonnic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:47 pm

boltonite wrote:FWIW,
The official rules say no camping but no one will kick you out when the gates are closed and locked (~ 10pm).

You should be able to get in after 5 pm if another group has the track, or sooner if the track is not being used.

I don't recall seeing showers in the new restrooms in the tower, but I believe there is hot water ... you can always use a sponge, a bucket, and Simple Green.

Fred
I've camped out in the paddock for the past couple of years, and so have a lot of other people. I think the official rule is for spectators at spectator events, but so far it hasn't been enforced for small non-spectator club events like ours.

I think there is a shower in the new tower, but it's on the side opposite the rest rooms and last year was reserved for the use of the track crew. I think it's required for medical purposes, in case of a medical emergency.

There are no showers in the older rest rooms but there is a nice lake that you can take a dip in. Just bring some old shoes or flip flops to wear if you go in the lake because there are sharp things on the bottom, which I found out the hard way!

deimos
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by deimos » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:51 pm

For the record, the official track stance is that there is no camping at Mt. Tremblant.

If you happen to pitch a tent by accident when you unload your gear, they won't kick you out. The gates will be locked at 10 PM without exception. There is a "walking gate" for access to the street, should you also accidentally leave your car outside the gate.

There are no emergency services, showers, RV hookups, or other amenities. You will sign a waiver upon entrance to the track absolving the track of all liability; this includes accidental campers.

The track gates open at 7 AM.
Andrew
'91 Sentra with wicked cool tint