T-shirt?

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
MX5ER
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

T-shirt?

Post by MX5ER » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:15 am

I'm a new member and was wondering about the t-shirt that was offered. I'm in Western New York and may only make the Mosport and Glen events. Maybe none at all. It depends on how my SCCA Starter/Corner Worker schedule goes. Speaking of working races...what about the need for another Starter.....I may be available!

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: T-shirt?

Post by StephanAlfa » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:44 am

Hi:
T-Shirts are normally available for sale during the event.
For additional info best you contact Merchandise man Paul G. He is listed in the website as one of the directors.
link: http://www.comscc.org/about-com/directory/

Hope this helps!
Stephan de Pénasse - Classroom Instructor - http://www.comscc.org
2001 BMW 330i Sports Package (T-60 Class)

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:11 am

If you joined in time, you should be receiving a t-shirt in your membership packet. You can confirm with Paul.

MX5ER
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by MX5ER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:15 pm

I thought I did regidter in time and no, I have not received anything!

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:51 pm

No one has, they haven't been sent yet :D

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:19 am

comscc needs a page to order swag from . i have been saying this for years for reasons just like this .
between the engineering and test driver work then instructing with 5 clubs i have not made to many comscc events in the last few seasons . this doesn't mean i don't / wouldn't want a tee shirt or decals just no good way to get them .
in fact i missed the early sign up and still would like a tee .

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:06 pm

962porsche wrote:comscc needs a page to order swag from . i have been saying this for years for reasons just like this .
between the engineering and test driver work then instructing with 5 clubs i have not made to many comscc events in the last few seasons . this doesn't mean i don't / wouldn't want a tee shirt or decals just no good way to get them .
in fact i missed the early sign up and still would like a tee .
Someone should... sounds to me like we have a volunteer to build a store, accept payments, and fulfill orders. :D

Kidding of course. There are some free services available that will do all of that for you. You upload artwork and choose schwag to sell, they handle payment and fulfillment for a premium. You should propose heading this up to the board.

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:46 pm

i did offer to do it a number of times when i was a active member going to almost or all the events .
i even said i would do everything .
as for me being able to go to a meeting this pretty much out i'm to far away to go when my shop is open until 6 PM .

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Did the board reject it when you offered? It doesn't seem like something that you'd have to attend board meetings to get done.

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 am

it was met with no interest at all to do a swag page .
the 1st 2 times they some how got it twisted that i was looking to make money from the sales . this was wrong i am and was not .
it was not going to be done like the driversupply and swag they offered . one a side note i did buy a few shirts from driversupply .
it would have been for the club and it;s members .
all proceeds would go right to the club .
i even went as far as to call a few of providers for the things like brake pads (carbotech) to see if they would set up an account for club members to buy pads at dealer cost .they all would be more then happy to set COMSCC up with a account . the funny thing i found out is some people though they would and get a better deal by buying from safe racer .
i showed the opposition that in fact the dealer cost price with the shipping to them is still a bigger savings then them buying from a place like safe racer .
i was trying to do a non profit deal for the club no one would make money but the people supplying the club with the swag . any profit from a resale would have been the clubs money .
things like decals for car classing numbers and letters could also be sold on the page .
i talked with amsoil ,wynn's and schroth about setting comscc up with an account they would have been more then happy to do that all they needed was a tax ID number and address .
carbotech did say they wanted a photo of a store front i talked with the owners son about that and he was ok with me just using my buildings photo as the need store front photo .
i gave up with the thinking comscc members love paying full price and having places like saferacer giving them a faults deal .
my account with carbotech is one for a small volume business and my cost for miata pads is 206 dollars saferacer cost 145. for the fronts and 135 for the rears =280 . i was told by some they get a better deal thru saferacer .
i was also told that saferacer offers free shipping . USPS offers low cost shipping for 5 dollars if it fits it ships the pads fit right into the 5 dollar USPS box . so add the 5 dollars to the cost and you still make out better .
my thinking was you will have to be a paid up to date comscc member to order so even if a outsider that was not doing comscc events and wanted a deal on parts and swag all they would have to do is join comscc then they would get the at cost deal . this would increase the membership im guessing if only by a few members it would still be a plus for memberships too .
i got a feeling of lots of distrust from members like it was for me to profit . this is wrong ! the books would have been open to comscc to see just what was going on and in fact any money would or could have been taken care of the thru comscc just as paying for a event if that would ease peoples minds .
maybe i should have written up a full business plan for this but kind of pointless now .

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:02 am

Just curious David... When was this proposal presented to the BOD?
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:07 pm

i have never brought it up at a meeting as i live to far away to go to them .
my guess to the last time i talked about this with people on the DOB was 2 years ago but it has been hashed over on the forums for many years .
as i have not been active with comscc in a few years doe to my duties with the IMSA team and other clubs i have not been able to bring it up .

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:16 pm

the opposition told me comscc doesn't sell much swag so paying for a page would just cost comscc money .
i do not feel this way the reason as to why comscc doesn't sell much is there is no ez way to buy any thing .
then once you do track down the person with the swag at a event he may or may not have what you were looking for .
stocking things was another problem .
again if you look to the sales they have now in no way would you want to stock any thing it's just a expense .
but if you sell what you have it's them a profit .
if you start out with just selling swag who's to say it couldn't be turned into selling other things like brake pads , safety gear , helmets and other things hell even tires .
my shop gets 15% off the advertised price from a big on line tire supplier .
would it be nice to pass the 15% onto the comscc member ?

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:34 pm

MX5ER wrote:I'm a new member and was wondering about the t-shirt that was offered. I'm in Western New York and may only make the Mosport and Glen events. Maybe none at all. It depends on how my SCCA Starter/Corner Worker schedule goes. Speaking of working races...what about the need for another Starter.....I may be available!
To answer your question a bit more detail the shirts that are part of the early membership package are currently being made. Once complete I will be working on printing the licenses / ID cards and mailing the packages out.
My goal is to have this completed by the first Palmer event. There are about 300 packages to be mailed.

If you registered for the Banquet / Canaan / NHMS1 or the Early Membership Event by the end of the day March 31st you should be on the list to receive a package.
If you send me an email with your full name I can look you up on Motorsports reg and confirm. I'm out of the country right now on vacation with limited access but please do so.

In terms of "extra" swag I did order extra shirts. These and some of the other promotional items will be for sale at the 2016 events (need to coordinate this but Scott & Coleen Rosnick will probably transport for me).

Paul G.
Paul G.

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:41 pm

Yes, I plan on attending all events and will be helping with the sales of t-shirts.
Scott
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6