FS: My beloved 2001 NB Mazda Miata LS, BRG Special Edition.

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
timmmy
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

FS: My beloved 2001 NB Mazda Miata LS, BRG Special Edition.

Post by timmmy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:58 pm

For Sale: 2001 Mazda Miata LS. Special Edition in British Racing Green. $7500
Email: haydn.taylor@gmail.com
Cel: 603 930 4547

Pics are here: (If this link works)

https://www.facebook.com/timmmytaylor/m ... 278&type=3

Also on iCloud Here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B015aVbMKxkhVs

It has finally come time to let somebody new take care of my beloved Miata. I have had this car for a long time and we have enjoyed some fantastic experiences together, however I am in the process of moving and need to sell the car.

The details.

2001 Mazda Miata LS Special Edition.
British Racing Green
Sport Package
Rear deck spoiler and skirts
16” wheels
6 speed manual transmission
Torsen LSD
Non ABS car (on purpose)
AC
Bose Premium Audio (which is actually pretty good)
Tan top
Tan interior with Nardi wood trim package.
65,000 Miles

I am the second owner of the car and I bought it in 2004 I believe (its a long time ago anyway), it had under 20K miles on it when I bought it. Now it has just under 65K.

The car has never seen a winter, salt or sand and typically gets put into storage before the first snow flies and doesn't come out until the sand has been cleared up in April or May.

I have meticulously maintained the car since I got it over 11 years ago. It has been in storage for the past two years, other than a few weeks here and there.

The car has some modifications which are targeted at track performance. These modifications have been well tested and I set several time attack class track records in it back in the day before I retired it to strictly summer road use about 6 years ago.

Modifications.

JIC adjustable coilers with 10F/8R springs.
Racing Beat sway bars front and rear (Front is tubular, rear is solid)
Spherical joint adjustable sway bar end links.
Racing Beat front chassis stiffener.
Remote oil filter housing (on firewall for easy access)
Oil cooler
Flyin Miata stainless steel exhaust, including high flow CAT and mid pipe with dual tip rear muffler (its a little loud, but I like it)
Hard Dog double diagonal Stainless roll bar.
SCCA legal 6 point harness mount eyes installed in both driver and passenger side.
Braided steel brake lines (new last year)
225/50/15 Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tires, new last year and I think they have one skid pad school on them and about 250 miles.
Track brake pads (I don't remember which , probably Hawk Blues or HPS in the front and HPS in the rear) New last year and again only about 250 miles since installed.
The car has an aggressive alignment for track performance so it turns in very quickly.
I just painted the hood and front bumper as they had a lot of stone chips which were annoying me. While doing that I deleted the front emblem as I never liked it as it looked like a nose on the Mazda smiley face.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

This car was used on track for about 4 years, mainly with www.COMSCC.com for HPDE and Time Trial competition, but also with a few other clubs too. Many of you probably remember the car. It has been driven hard, and put up wet and it loves it. This car was very competitive but I retired it when I had to choose to either make it a full blown race car or not, and it was just too nice of a car to do that to. I built a purpose built race car and that was that.

The car is in great shape, I have given it all the love it deserved over the years. All fluids were changed at least twice a year and the oil was changed every event (typically 12 per year).

The six speed transmission is tight and close ratio and feels spectacular on track. For serious competition a 5 speed would be better, depending on the track of course. The 4-3 synchro is a little worn so downshifts from 4-3 can grind sometimes if you don't heel/toe, which I always do so I I don't even notice it. Not a big deal to fix, but to be honest it doesn't affect the car at all and I have been ignoring it for at least 5 years now.

The paint is generally very nice as is the interior, however there are some minor blemishes and a few little dings, as you would expect on a 14 year old toy. The dents could easily be removed by a good pointless dent shop.

It just got a full cleanup and detail and mechanical once over and needs NOTHING to be used as a daily driver, weekend track toy etc. Just jump in and beat on it and smile a lot.

I have a pile of parts that come with the car including;

Stock exhaust
Stock suspension
A set of 15” factory Mazda wheels (NA type)
Tonneau cover
Haydn Taylor
www.motorsport-ht.com

Stynger
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: FS: My beloved 2001 NB Mazda Miata LS, BRG Special Editi

Post by Stynger » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:56 pm

:( That is a great car. Great car for anyone wanting to get into a Miata for track/street.
Les.

COM Instructor

NA Miata D-TYPE

Drive it like you stole it!