Alfa Romeo need help

Any and all discussions concerning events.
timmmy
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Alfa Romeo need help

Post by timmmy » Fri May 26, 2006 11:35 am

alfa_romeo_0007 wrote:Good time of day

Hallo, im really fan of Alfa Romeo. And now asking for your advice...
If anybody knows any bad sides of this car, please write here.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you for your attention

rust, rust and rust :)

I love Alphas too and have had several, I used to have (in the UK) an Alpha 33 green cloverleaf, this was a flat 4 twin spar FWD car that was light and fast, always thought it would make a great track car if I could find one in the US.

JackFFR1846
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by JackFFR1846 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:35 am

Relatively hard to get parts, rust....but better than Fiats and MG's. If you're considering a spider, the car is essentially warmed over state of the art 1966 technology.

I've restored one spider and owned 2 others. Road & Track used to consider it to be about the best car on earth before the Miata hit the streets.

Performance isn't up to par with modern cars. Just like any other 70's/80's cars, a new Camry will blow away most sports cars of those days.

Best exhaust note in the world, though.

jack

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:48 am

As another guy who tracks an Italian car, i echo Jack's comments. Parts can be hard BUT get yourself a subscription to Classic Car magazine (UK mag). In that magazine there are many suppliers of parts for vintage cars. Agree about rust problems if you get a model before rustproofing measures. Also pay attention to redoing/checking electricals.

In my car, we basically scrapped the entire glass fuse part of the fusebox and custom made a new/better one.

As Jack says, "Best exhaust note in the world"

Amen to that! Here is some fun at Watkins Glen last month in the car i drive. http://www.ispexperts.com/glen050406.wmv
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com