Summit Shenandoah 06

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Summit Shenandoah 06

Post by Mick » Sat May 13, 2006 8:26 pm

I went to Summit Point this past weekend. Then Shenandoah circuit has come a long way since last season. There's curbing now, the shoulders are filled in, there's foam block in front most of the barriers and the transition after the hook (turn 5?) is a lot smoother.

When I got there I found out they were running the bypass around the pit instead of the full circuit. At first I thought it was going to screw with the flow of the track but it seemed to work well.

I've heard that some organizations run a bypass that cuts off the carousel too. I think that's a huge mistake. Not because the carousel is so great, but because the best part of the course is the series of turns immediately following it. The carousel bypass would definitely ruin the flow of that section.

Anyway, I know it's not a world class circuit by any stretch, but it is a lot of fun IMHO and I like it even more now that I've gone back. If you tried it last season and didn't like it, or heard bad things about it you may want to give it another chance.

One lap from last weekend:
http://www.mydig.com/auto/06.05.06_Summ ... andoah.wmv

TTA89

Post by TTA89 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:44 am

I sure had a blast there last weekend! I can't stop talking about it or looking at the pictures. 8)