Looking to rent a car for Saturday of NHMS 4

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
KKennedy717
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Looking to rent a car for Saturday of NHMS 4

Post by KKennedy717 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Have a friend who is looking to get into track day driving and is interested in renting a car for Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012. Looking for a low to medium power car to gain experience as he is a first time student. He has performance car experience as a former owner of a GTR and current owner of a late model 911. Not looking to set any track records - just gain trackday experience. Pricing and terms are negotiable. Thought I would put this out there to the membership before I explored the usual rental outlets (Flatout, etc.). You can email me at KevinK717@gmail.com or reach me at 508-395-4190 if you have any interest or suggestions. Thanks.
06 Mazda MX-5 #17

zchris
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Looking to rent a car for Saturday of NHMS 4

Post by zchris » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Kevin, why not rent him the mustang. Or are you finally back on track again. Hope all is well.
Chris

KKennedy717
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by KKennedy717 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Chris. Got a late start to the season at NHMS 3 but the Mustang is on track and working well - I will be driving it at NHMS 4, hence the inquiry about renting a car for my friend. How is the GT car coming along?
06 Mazda MX-5 #17

zchris
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by zchris » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Kevin, work on the miata is coming along nicely. Hanging the bodywork now. Had a bitch of a time making it this summer as temps were way to high to be doing fiberglass layup. The owner of Mertons Fiberglass supply thought I was crazy to even try in the heat. And working for hours a day wrapped up in a Tyvek body suit brought new meaning to dehydration. I'm hoping I have time to finish it by the end of Oct. Then its dyno and testing time. Being on a tight budget slows things down when building a tube chassis car. Glad to hear your finally not wasting your storage money on a car you don't use. Makes it easier to justify the expense when you can actually use the toy. I guess with your new job, you probably have little time for yourself.
Chris