Canaan Speedway

Any and all discussions concerning events.
dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Canaan Speedway

Post by dinoracer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:48 pm

I was also at Canaan this past Saturday

We had 29 cars in all, a good mix of low and high horsepower cars. We met with Dave Delgenio, the track's designer and driving force ( see page one for the details on the "money" guy) both before and after the day's driving. Dave's been around racing a long time, and has a strong vision for this track and how it needs to be to make it into a good place for us ( customers) as well as a positive thing for the community.

As Bob said, it's a fun track. As it is right now, it's very busy - the only "straights" are very short, so you're working a lot, and there's not much elevation change. I think when the additional track is added ( due to be ready in the Spring) it will be even better. There will be a bit more of a " back straight" that will give you a chance to look at the gauges and relax your grip, and a couple more turns.

The approach by the owner and manager is to create a low-overhead place to play, open to cars, motorcycles, maybe even over the winter for snow racing.

At the end of the day, all gathered again with Dave and the reviews were all positive, no matter what kind of car was driven. Next time we're here it will be 1.4 miles ( about what Lime Rock is), flag stands and some curbs should be done.

I'm looking forward to having this exciting new track on the schedule next year!
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

n1gzd
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by n1gzd » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:06 pm

n1gzd
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by n1gzd » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:07 pm

(and yes, I will fix my slipping clutch this winter)

hroundy
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by hroundy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:02 pm

I liked the track even though it was short. As Tom said, you are quite busy. It is too bad that the 180 from the old oval will be lost, I found it to a lot of fun. Here is a few of my laps.
phpBB [video]

Here is the end of my day in the last session. You will hear a thud just before I drive off the track. I ended up with a flat right rear and minor body damage.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by hroundy on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mario Fallas
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Mario Fallas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:40 am

Canaan was awesome!
As of now I'll call it short and sweet, Dave has done a fantastic job in a very short period of time, all though it has only six turns (for now) it proved to be quite engaging and most of all FUN!!! :)
Work on the remaining half mile seems like already begun but goes full bore this October, in my opinion this place has huge potential and to top it all at a very good price to the club and therefore us , the participants .
Too bad for those who could not make it or took a pass thinking the track is too short , and so we had more track time for ourselves with five session and the last two being open track
Mario

hroundy
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by hroundy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Here is a video taken from the pits: https://www.facebook.com/william.t.math ... 605624601/