LRP Camping & Early Drop-off

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Mark Swinehart
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Mark Swinehart » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:51 pm

I arrived at 3:00 PM Thursday. When I inquired as to when I would be able to drop off my trailer she allowed me to go right in. According to her no one was using the track on Thursday. In fact one of the maint. staff gave me a ride around in the wrecker so I could see the new "changes".

When I left the same woman at the gate told me that they were locking the gate at 6:00 or 6:30 PM. I'm not sure of the exact time she mentioned.

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:46 pm

Andrew, I arrived at 6:50 - the gate was closed. Backing up a 24' trailer in pitch black darkness is not a whole lot of fun.

Heard from a couple of people who did drop off their stuff that they locked the gate at 6:30.
-Keith-

SPB116

deimos
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by deimos » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:56 am

Thank you. I'll be making a phone call tomorrow.
Andrew
'91 Sentra with wicked cool tint

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:33 am

Same here. G and I pulled in at about 8PM. Backing up the trailer was no fun! That said, the chief worker, corner workers, and COM member Les Seal should be given a HUGE round of applause and thanks from the club.

The communication at the LRP event was top-notch. The guys there were ontop of the situation all weekend. We had Pete from LRP the first day, and another guy (Phil?) from LRP running things the 2nd day.

The LRP crew was constantly on the PA, and consistantly gave us 10-minute and 5-minute warnings for each run group. When we started a little late one day, they were back on the PA to notify everyone that the run group times would change slightly so that every run group would get its fair time. Not sure if anyone noticed, but to make up for the time, I believe they cut back on the worker's lunch break.

Runoff areas were very muddy due to rain. Several off-track incidents led to cars getting stuck in bad places, which shut the track down more than a few times. The LRP crew didn't skip a beat and usually pulled the cars out with minimal loss of track time. (Usually, right Raj? ;))

Flaggers were also ontop of the situation at all times. The passing flags were used with great success. Every run group seemed rather croweded, but the blue flags and courteous point-bys made the experience much better than the previous issues I heard about at NHIS.

My point is that any frustration I felt upon arrival on Thursday night quickly disappeared by Friday morning. When there seemed to be a communication break-down with the track a week before the event, I heard someone say that they feared the event was headed for disaster. This was not the case!
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny: