Season Finale

Any and all discussions concerning events.
blindsidefive0

Re: Season Finale

Post by blindsidefive0 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Gordon - fair enough, and thanks for the clarification.

Jeff - love your comments and totally agree. We've seen a lot of cool match-ups. I would guess that the touring classes could even heat up a little more as competitors find their "happy" place and slowly make tweaks to build to the classes.

Regarding drops - I think this will be a topic for discussion every year. Personally, I like the drop as I had every intention of attending every event this year, but I couldn't make it to NJMP due to a wedding in Colorado - and I almost had to miss NH3 for another wedding. I'm not sure if I prefer 1 drop or more, but definitely not 3. I would think you need at least 6 events that "count". I might support a 2-drop proposal if we had an 8 or 9 event schedule, and if participation points for away events were increased - perhaps 2 for NHMS, 4 for "other New England tracks", and maybe 6 for true away events like the Glen and Canadian tracks. Either way, there are good arguments on either side of this issue...
- Nick
nicholas.fontana@gmail.com

1999 Mazda Miata - T50
FS: 1997 Green BMW M3 - T80/SC
RIP: 1994 White BMW 325i - SSB

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:39 pm

I will wait for year end posting to comment on past/present classes going "down to the wire". SPC, SPB and ST4 used to be a cliff hangers. We do not have all the same competitors who were competing then. Many have moved on, had families, moved, etc. We had some real cliff hangers back in the "old" days also. Let's wait and compare this year with 2007. 2008. 2009, etc. :D
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 am

I was amazed to see the even distribution of cars in the T classes--- except T100! How come no Corvette got pushed to compete with Dan's V8 RX7, the only one in T100?
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:02 pm

My season fizzled out early due to a number of things that have taken precedence for the mean time.

As configured, #68 was/is a T40 car on NT-01's. Put a really good and fresh tire on there, and driving the wheels off I could run near the front in T50 while at 52 points, but I knew I was out gunned for the most part. I still preferred to run in T50 even though I was out matched, because it created a desperation in my driving that I thoroughly enjoyed. It means you really need to have your shit together and put in a top effort to podium.

To me, that is the way it is supposed to be. I'm sure Dave and Chad's battles are very similar to Jeff's/Mine, or even Epstein's/Mick's in terms of how things unfolded at individual events. I agree with Dave that if Chad got his shit together earlier, there would have been more to this fight indeed.

...and what of the final points race? Was it that Spain and Wittmer were within a few tenths of a point?
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

savage217
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by savage217 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:17 pm

I think the new classification is working great. This was the first year of the new rules so it was somewhat of a transitional/learning season for everyone involved. If everyone read the rules and took full advantage of them to be at the top of their classes, the competition was and will be very close. I think because a lot of people still had their cars close to what they were last year, they may not have been utilizing all points that they could have been.

I agree with Jon, I would like to see 2 or more events dropped. I am all for getting as much attendance as possible but why penalize people if they can't make it to an event for work or other commitments? I do not think it would reduce attendance if we were to have more dropped events and Jon provided a great reasoning behind that with the BMW autox that we both participate in.

I think a few things in the rules should be changed which I will be submitting, but overall I have been very happy with the new class system and appreciate all of the hard work that went into it!
Nick DeRosa #305