Where did SU class go?

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Where did SU class go?

Post by breakaway500 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:41 am

I don't see any points standings for Super Unlimited class and the latest competition email from Com does not even mention SU.

When was the class eliminated, and why? One less $6 trophy to buy for every event? If that's the "reasoning" then just make it a "no trophy" class, but at least it could have been keep it alive.Ah well..whatever.

I know the class did/does not get many participants, but removing it entirely leaves anyone with an SU prepped vehicle on the outside looking in?

The rule book:

"The intent is that any non-formula car can run in Super A; it is the new top class. Super Unlimited is reserved for 2 types of cars: 1) Formula cars better than 6.0 Power/Weight, and 2) non-formula cars booted to Super Unlimited by the team of stewards."

If my power to weight is less than 6lbs/per HP will the car be "legally" allowed to run in SA? That seems to be the only stickler I can see.

Just looking for clarification.
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

dtlemoine
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Where did SU class go?

Post by dtlemoine » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Mark - SU didn't go anywhere, it's just hiding! Looks like a formatting issue with the webpage itself, we'll take a look. I believe Dan is the only competitor in SU this year, with 51 points in the class:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (37.27 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
Dave

E36 328is | SD #14

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Where did SU class go?

Post by breakaway500 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 am

Thanks Dave! Glad to see us "minorities" aren't being booted...yet. :lol:
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"