Newbie info packet

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
therooster
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Newbie info packet

Post by therooster » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the packet on their computer that they could email me that explains the line, what an apex is etc...

I am taking a course and a lot of people are asking questions that this would help explain. Everything I have seems a bit long winded and technical.

Thanks,

Chris Aylward

JackFFR1846
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by JackFFR1846 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:41 pm

If we don't, the white mountain BMW club has a very extensive full curriculum on their web site.

jack

therooster
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by therooster » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:15 pm

Thanks, I reviewed that and many of the exercises are similar to what I am doing at EVOC (Emergancy Vehicle Operations Course).

For you autoxer's what I don't like at this event is you have to nail all the event on the first try or they deduct points. No going 80% to get a good time and then going for gold. A couple of us pushed it really hard the first time on an event today only to get a failure because we nicked a cone. The best we can get then is a grade of 80 which is equal to a time over 20 seconds longer then my time with the nicked cone. This was a 1/4 mile course in reverse. With the nicked cone today I did it in 1:18. Yesterday I nicked the same cone but did a 1:08. In order to get an 80 all I had to do is do a 1:43. BTW, all of this is in a Crown Vic.

Chris A.

Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Car Class Rules

Post by Don P » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 pm

Chris - if you have access to the stewards forum we'd like your help...

therooster
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by therooster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:26 pm

Don,

I do not have access to the stewards forum but would be glad to help any time.

Chris A.