Thompson Event Schedule

Any and all discussions concerning events.
AndrewG
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Thompson Event Schedule

Post by AndrewG » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi everybody! I haven't run any events with COM before but I am signed up for both days of the Thompson event (I'll definitely be at the first day; hopefully you'll have me back for the TT on the 2nd day) and I'm really looking forward to it. I think I've found everything I need to know from the website but I haven't been able to find an event schedule anywhere; is there one hiding? The most important thing I need to know is what time I need to arrive on both days and what time the events typically end. If someone can also sketch out how the day typically works as far as timing for run groups, the TT, trophies, etc so I know what to expect I would appreciate it. Also, is there any type of Tech Sheet that I should fill out in advance of the event? Please let me know.

Sorry for the newbie questions; see you on the track (I promise to give lots of prompt point-bys)!

Thanks,

Andrew #626 Miata

jvangelder
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Re: Thompson Event Schedule

Post by jvangelder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:28 pm

The Thompson schedule isn’t out yet, if it is I haven’t seen it yet either, I would expect it pretty soon though
As for times, unless we are doing a strange schedule id bank on being at the track from 6 to 5 both days, some events we run a little later.
Trophies are after the TT on Sunday, sometimes after any available open track at the end of the day.
From memory, the student run groups usually start with a class, then I believe 1 session break, then a driving session and back to class, and repeat 3 more times.
The tech sheet need only be signed by you at the event, someone else may have a digital copy they can post / email you if you would like to see what they check.

Jacob

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:59 pm

If the track goes hot at 9, tech usually opens at 7 and the drivers meeting is around 8:15. That's the schedule for most tracks.

I think the Glen starts at 8:30, which means everything moves up 30 minutes.
Jeff Wasilko
On the Track: 1995 Miata #08
To the Track: 2007 Volvo 780
On the Street: 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar

AndrewG
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by AndrewG » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks guys...this helps a lot! I'll make sure I'm at the track for the start of tech at 7.

-Andrew, #626 Miata