Palmer News

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Palmer News

Post by 962porsche » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:10 pm

so after 4 days at the circuit of the Americas I have a new favorite track .
I did the test driving with the two GT3 RSR's and this track is just F-IN great !
before I came here every one was talking about turn one .
well never mind about that the hole dam track is just nut's between turns one and 5 your heading down hill thru the esses with a grip level that will blow your mind the speed on the back straight is also just nuts !
because they let us run over the ripple strips corner speeds thru some of the turns are very high .
because of all the run off room you are at max attack lap after lap pushing every bit right to the limit .
it took me the 1st run session to learn the lines but it's not that hard of a track to learn . with some tweaking of my
lines in the 2nd run session I was right up to speed of the other cars in class .
this track is a must do 3.4 miles of heaven !
our flight down here was 6 and a half hours and it took the drivers 29 hours to drive the haulers down .
the weather is H.H.H. so I would not want to be here in the middle of summer but I am really thinking of coming back over the winter to do a event . the track is that good and worth the drive .
palmer is a good track but nothing like this place ! all I can say is WOW !

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Yea..COTA looks pretty fun on video,and I'm sure better in person. So many tracks..so little time.. :P :sunny: :sunny:
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:56 am

heading back home and they had to pry my arms off from around the lamp pole to get me to the airport .
the Porsche GT3 and COTA are such a good match for what ever reason the car just works really good on that track . setting up the car went real smooth and easy the grip level and tire wear were by far the best I have had at any track with any car .
it really is a must do track !

Aricracer
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by Aricracer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Cool!
-Aric

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra ITE/SB

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT