Great rotary work

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Great rotary work

Post by brucesallen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:48 pm

I recommend Steve Gomes SMG Racing (401) 954-7401 Warwick, RI smgrx7@yahoo.com https://www.facebook.com/SmgRacing

Six years ago when I ws upgrading my Lotary 7 to single turbo and needed engine rebuild and porting he did this by renting a storage garage and doing the work very well. Another RX7 3rd gen owner and COM member, Jack Lambert had recommended him. Well, My Lotary recently lost oil pressure and he just pulled the engine and fixed it (faulty pellet) and now he has a real shop in Warwick that does only rotary and a lot of custom turbo work. His bench has about six rotary engines of all stripes on it and his third gen runs 6oo hp for street racing. Knows his stuff. Says he's gonna assemble an N/A '86 and come to COM. My Lotary made it to his FB page.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

Rotary-Amuse
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Re: Great rotary work

Post by Rotary-Amuse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Plus one more for Steve and SMG Racing - great guy who puts out some amazing work

I'm looking forward to him coming out and racing with us - his single turbo third gen would be a monster out on track!

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Great rotary work

Post by brucesallen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:53 am

Steve hopes to get his 87 NA running for track. Starting with this car would be allow a lot more learning than a 600 hp rotary turbo bomb! AND the 87 might make it through a 20 minute track session without boiling over, blowing up or frying the brakes.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"