WTB: Trailer

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
mattsmusic
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

WTB: Trailer

Post by mattsmusic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:56 am

Looking for a aluminum open trailer, preferably with tire rack. Budget is under $2K. Please contact Matt at 617-281-1074 with info, or leave message here.

Thanks!
Last edited by mattsmusic on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffw

Re: WTB: Trailer

Post by jeffw » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 am

that's likely low for an aluminum trailer. They generally hold their value pretty well.

Airport Trailer has a wood-deck for $3300: http://airportsales.sandvox.net/open-ca ... ilers.html
Jeff Wasilko
On the Track: 1995 Miata #08
To the Track: 2007 Volvo 780
On the Street: 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar

dtlemoine
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dtlemoine » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Wood deck is a great choice - also allows you to re-purpose when you need to haul stuff that isn't a car (e.g., moving, dump runs with yard waste, etc.).

If you're thin on towing power, these guys in PA make a pretty good trailer for short money:

http://www.econotrailer.com/Open.html

Couple guys in the club have bought them this year and so far no real complaints, just need to keep a rattle can of black paint handy to touch up dings (they paint instead of powdercoat these things). They're light (for steel, you won't find anything lighter) and cheap.

And +1 to Jeff's comment re: alum prices - they hold their value like crazy, and retail is typically $5-6k for something you're looking for. A "deal" is when you can find one for $4-4.5k. If you do find something under $4k, grab it because they typically get snapped up quickly.
Dave

E36 328is | SD #14

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 pm

Aluminum under $ 2000? Yeah, they're at the store, stocked next to the unicorns and the non-lying politicians...

I've had this steel one 10 years now and been very happy with it:

http://www.deandetrailers.com/trailerde ... =auto&ID=6

The Trailer Place in Kingston NH is where I got it, their website doesn't have it shown so maybe they aren't a dealer for them anymore. I added wood across the middle and like Dave says it's great to pick up the odd motorcycle, move people's stuff, and haul crap to the transfer station when needed.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

4EyedFoxbody
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by 4EyedFoxbody » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:30 am

You are never going to find an aluminum trailer for 2k. I got my trailer at Central Trailer right by NHMS. They guy there is a straight shooter and awesome to deal with. Got a very good deal on a beaver tail steel trailer with wood decking. Paid under 3k for a brand new trailer. Tows very nicely and that price was with a brake upgrade too. Worth a look. :)
John French #175 1985 Mustang GT - SB

mattsmusic
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by mattsmusic » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 pm

That Econo Trailer would be perfect, I just need to get a Miata on it. Hopefully I can find a used one similar to that.

dtlemoine wrote:Wood deck is a great choice - also allows you to re-purpose when you need to haul stuff that isn't a car (e.g., moving, dump runs with yard waste, etc.).

If you're thin on towing power, these guys in PA make a pretty good trailer for short money:

http://www.econotrailer.com/Open.html

Couple guys in the club have bought them this year and so far no real complaints, just need to keep a rattle can of black paint handy to touch up dings (they paint instead of powdercoat these things). They're light (for steel, you won't find anything lighter) and cheap.

And +1 to Jeff's comment re: alum prices - they hold their value like crazy, and retail is typically $5-6k for something you're looking for. A "deal" is when you can find one for $4-4.5k. If you do find something under $4k, grab it because they typically get snapped up quickly.

Juiced06GTO
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Juiced06GTO » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 am

Scanning craigslist and local automotive forums is what I did to find mine. I scored an 18' aluminum trailer for $2200, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I took it to Atlantic Coast Trailer sales to pick up some new lights for it and the guy there said he could probably wholesale it for 4-5k, so I just got lucky that this guy was looking to unload it.
2006 Pontiac GTO - Recovering Drag Racer....

mattsmusic
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by mattsmusic » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:57 am

That's exactly what I'm looking for! If anyone sees something similar, please let me know.

Stise
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Stise » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Matt, I'm considering buying a closed trailer. I have an urgent opportunity and would sell mine for 3000 firm. However It needs to happen ASAP. Heres a link to my Facebook post.

2007 Shelby GT, BFG R1s 275/35/18, Agent47 brake ducting, Vorshlag brake lines, Cobra Sebring, Race Roll Bar, Carbotech brake pads, FR3 handling Pack, FR Power Pack.

fb.com/trinkatiseracing.com

mattsmusic
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by mattsmusic » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:15 pm

I appreciate the offer but I bought a trailer back in September.

Stise wrote:Matt, I'm considering buying a closed trailer. I have an urgent opportunity and would sell mine for 3000 firm. However It needs to happen ASAP. Heres a link to my Facebook post.