DB levels at Palmer

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Gmedalion
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

DB levels at Palmer

Post by Gmedalion » Mon May 18, 2015 3:55 am

Looks like it is 96 DB's from 50 feet. How strict will they be with this for the first event?

CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: DB levels at Palmer

Post by CP » Mon May 18, 2015 4:36 pm

And where exactly on the track is the reading taken from?
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion

xms651
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by xms651 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:22 pm

http://www.fox19.com/story/29096363/pal ... ports-park

If you want to watch the video, skip to 10:50.
Mike #651 / T40 - 2003 VW GTI Anniversary Edition - Daily driver with a few mods.

Gmedalion
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Gmedalion » Fri May 29, 2015 12:41 am

Just wait till next weekend when there will be a bunch of us on track all day. YIKES!!

If they can survive that just wait till the club racers get there, all hell will break loose!!

I am sure to be black flagged next weekend but hey whatever.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:40 am

Why not make your car quieter? It's not difficult. If the track allows loud cars and people start to complain just as loud..the track shuts down. This is a lose lose situation.I hope they do enforce the noise rules closely and send offenders on their way. More track time for those who want to be part of the solution,not the problem.This track just opened and I certainly don't want to see it closed over something that is easily avoidable.
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

Gmedalion
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Gmedalion » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Car was built for club racing so the car is usually only at NASA events but wanted to try this track out with COM since I started with COM. I don't think one day to buy and put an exhaust on is worth the money and effort. Sorry, not trying to ruin the fun for everyone and I am well aware I will probably be kicked off. NASA has a race event here in September but not sure how the noise regulation will work for the racers.

TXBDan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by TXBDan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Going to the track with the expectation of breaking the sound limit is irresponsible. Like others have said, it's there for a reason - to let us all enjoy an awesome track while coexisting with other land owners in the area who have every right to a peaceful home.
Dan Durusky
Mazda RX8

Gmedalion
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Gmedalion » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:42 pm

I'm not saying I will definitely blow past the 96 but I will be close. I know Jeff Wasilko said he blows about a 97 at NHMS and blew a 92 at Palmer so it will depend how and where it is measured.

DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Mufflers or Super-Traps are not that expensive. Every competitor should be well below the 96 db limit.Please make your car as neighbor friendly as you can. I live in the next town to Palmer and there have been several tv news stories and newspaper articles about the track noise. The two closes towns to the track are asking the Commonwealth of Mass. to do noise and quality of life studies in hopes of getting the track shut down. It only takes a couple of cars to ruin it for all of us. Don't be one of those people. Quit your exhaust. If you can't afford to do it, stay home and drive your noisy car around your own neighborhood and see what your neighbors think about you. Please be considerate and mindful of all .
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/

RPM
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by RPM » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:39 am

DanDarcy wrote:Mufflers or Super-Traps are not that expensive. Every competitor should be well below the 96 db limit.Please make your car as neighbor friendly as you can. I live in the next town to Palmer and there have been several tv news stories and newspaper articles about the track noise. The two closes towns to the track are asking the Commonwealth of Mass. to do noise and quality of life studies in hopes of getting the track shut down. It only takes a couple of cars to ruin it for all of us. Don't be one of those people. Quit your exhaust. If you can't afford to do it, stay home and drive your noisy car around your own neighborhood and see what your neighbors think about you. Please be considerate and mindful of all .
As I type this my windows are closed and tv on and I hear the cars loud and clear! I am a car nut but I don't appreciate listening to this day after day and having to keep my windows shut on nice days because of the exhaust noise! I have approached Fred numerous times to try and work with PMP so far nothing.....

Every event that goes on a new adversary towards the track appears, you guy's are getting plenty of notice..... It would be in everyone's best interests to run muffled and quite you destiny is in your own hands.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 am

There is your problem. You watch too much TV. Even a jet plane isn't as obnoxious at that idiot box.

Take a ride up to the track and meet some of the participants and try with an open mind to understand why we do what we do. We really don't want to bother anyone,however some noise will happen when you are racing cars/bikes etc. Obviously, most people involved are not trying to provoke an issue with disinterested people.

McMahonRacing
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by McMahonRacing » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 am

" Gmedalion " ....... also strictly running NASA myself these days & there are gonna be allot of us in the same boat ( can't see any of the SU or GTS 5-4 cars passing db w/o serious effort ) .... myself, if the support race for TransAM goes well this weekend, then I will likely try grabbing an open lapping day or the like to do some exhaust testing at Palmer ....... unfortunaly, w/ the lack of consistency in db testing between tracks & all the other variables effecting db, it will likely be tough for those close to the limit to really be sure we are good or not ...... be nice, if there were a set test std. between tracks so we could get something setup to test before causing a flag or issue ( EMRA used to test in Tech. @ LRP to min. the issue ) ..... SuperTrapps are an option as always but test with them first ( seen plenty of blown motor's when they just get tossed on & boy do they rob power ) .......

FYI, my Dad's car passed this weekend and I never thought that would happen so the exact method of testing & weather conditions may be slightly more forgiving .....

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:15 am

I was notified that I was at 95db yesterday and my car is pretty quiet. I will make sure I have some means to make it quieter for the next event if needed.
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

RPM
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by RPM » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:46 am

breakaway500 wrote:There is your problem. You watch too much TV. Even a jet plane isn't as obnoxious at that idiot box.

Take a ride up to the track and meet some of the participants and try with an open mind to understand why we do what we do. We really don't want to bother anyone,however some noise will happen when you are racing cars/bikes etc. Obviously, most people involved are not trying to provoke an issue with disinterested people.

I have been on a track a time or two. :wink: Just mean I don't want to live next door to one any more than a jet pilot want to live next to an airport. It gets annoying listening to the cars day after day for 9-10 hours. This track do to it's proximity is being heard by at least three towns. Not trying to be confrontational here but the towns as well as PMP have an issue.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:31 pm

The track is monitoring Db levels and is not allowing any cars/bikes that do not meet the 96Db limit to run until they are in compliance. Pat, your Dads car was substantially quieter than I have ever heard,and was just as fast.. :wink: So,it CAN be done..will a little willpower.