Dentsport out of business

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
zchris
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Dentsport out of business

Post by zchris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:16 am

Read on Bill Washburns Facebook page they are closing shop. Anyone know why? Alex, Nick or Bill want to comment.
Chris
PS Thanks for telling me guys.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Dentsport out of business

Post by breakaway500 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 am

If you own/operate your own business,I don't have to tell any of you times are tough..the most difficult I have ever seen.The price of everything has gone up up up..and people have less less less to spend...so any business that operates on a close profit margin is really having to watch every expense. Just the rent alone for many repair shops is thousands a month,not to mention utilities,insurance and taxes. Hell..I don't know how many are keeping their doors open,other than using savings to pay the bills. In the last year alone,three of my friends have had to close their shops. Sad indeed... :(
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:17 am

Were you expecting a personal note?
DSG closed because Alex and Bill decided it was time to move on. They were not driven out of business.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:58 am

"They were not driven out of business".. Sorry,didn't mean to insinuate. :oops: Businesses close for many reasons. I was hoping to use their tuning services this year.
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:56 pm

DSG is a great shop and I really appreciate the work they've done for me over the years. Best of luck going forward!
Jeff Wasilko
On the Track: 1995 Miata #08
To the Track: 2007 Volvo 780
On the Street: 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar

bill@dentsport
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post by bill@dentsport » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Alex and I have spent the last year or so thinking about this decision. It was obviously very very hard but we are hoping to find new opportunities. We will all still be in the area. Alex, Nick and myself will still have our race cars so hopefully we will make it out to some events this coming year with COM. We are very happy to have spent many a track day with COM as a shop and thankful to all the great customers and friends we have made. We will most likely still be at the track together anyways:)
Bill Washburn
Dent Sport Garage
www.dentsport.com

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Sounds good, Bill. I'm totally bummed to hear that you guys are closing, but am happy and hopeful for the new path each of you are about to blaze! Best of luck to all of you, and best of luck to me for finding a new dyno shop!
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

WillM wrote:Sounds good, Bill. I'm totally bummed to hear that you guys are closing, but am happy and hopeful for the new path each of you are about to blaze! Best of luck to all of you, and best of luck to me for finding a new dyno shop!
Will: Don't you already own half the dyno? Make 'em an offer for the other half!
Jeff Wasilko
On the Track: 1995 Miata #08
To the Track: 2007 Volvo 780
On the Street: 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm

bill@dentsport wrote:Alex and I have spent the last year or so thinking about this decision. It was obviously very very hard but we are hoping to find new opportunities. We will all still be in the area. Alex, Nick and myself will still have our race cars so hopefully we will make it out to some events this coming year with COM. We are very happy to have spent many a track day with COM as a shop and thankful to all the great customers and friends we have made. We will most likely still be at the track together anyways:)
I don't know what the racing and customizing community will do now!
Best of luck to you.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:48 pm

breakaway500 wrote:If you own/operate your own business,I don't have to tell any of you times are tough..the most difficult I have ever seen.The price of everything has gone up up up..and people have less less less to spend...so any business that operates on a close profit margin is really having to watch every expense. Just the rent alone for many repair shops is thousands a month,not to mention utilities,insurance and taxes. Hell..I don't know how many are keeping their doors open,other than using savings to pay the bills. In the last year alone,three of my friends have had to close their shops. Sad indeed... :(
the shop keepers insurance is the killer . if i told you what i pay every month just for that you would say close your doors . part of it is because of the area my shop is in and all the crap that gets ripped off in this area .
then there are the utilities they charge twice as much they do for a house .

agrabau
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by agrabau » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Our dyno is for sale. If anyone knows anyone who is interested this is a link to the photo gallery. We're asking less than half price and including all of our fans and controllers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grabau/set ... 463477606/
Alex Grabau
BMW E30 M3 FIA GR.H