My First COMSCC Event

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: Boondocker850, blindsidefive0

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My First COMSCC Event

Post by WillM » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:24 am

I spoke with Lockton Affinity a couple of seasons back. They were to follow-up on some specific questions I had, but did not. I do know that shortly after our conversation, COM got added to "the list". I received a mass-email from them earlier this year and asked the same question(s) again, but did not get an answer.

You will want to confirm what is, and what is not covered. The last time I spoke with them, there was a question concerning coverage during our time-trial laps. It sounded to me that all "school" days (non time-trial days), are covered, and that one of these would apply:

1. No coverage on time trial days
2. No coverage during actual time trials, full coverage during the rest of the TT day (practice sessions, open track, etc).
3. Full coverage all day, including the time-trial laps.

In discussions with L/A, I detailed specifics on how we run our events and time-trials. The impression I received was that option #2 was likely the case, but option #3 also seemed possible. The person I spoke with had to review it with "the board". The way we run our time trials, where cars are spaced out and passing is not allowed, is the "safest" time-trial procedure. That said, L/A may not cover the TT day at all.

I believe that the L/A rates are per event, which is to say that you pay for the first day of coverage, and the rest of the days are "free". Again, double-check with them.
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

AtreusX
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Re: My First COMSCC Event

Post by AtreusX » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm doing only the First school day so the time trials or open track does not apply to me. I talked to somebody on the phone but did not go into specifics of each day. Sounded like I was going to be covered for what I asked: the sessions around the track with the instructor + if the instructor driving the car. When I asked if it is extra for the other days she did say that all 3 days are covered but the devil is in the details I guess.