Central PA lodging?

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Central PA lodging?

Post by Mick » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:29 pm

I'm planning a trip to Summit in May and want to drive 2-4 hours North after the event on Sunday evening.

Can anyone recommend a good point to stop along 81 in PA? Maybe somewhere before Hazelton?

Thanks

Jimmy Pet
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Re: Central PA lodging?

Post by Jimmy Pet » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:59 am

Mick,
I live in Scranton PA and it takes me 4.5 hours towing to get from my house to the Summit Point gate.
A 4 hour drive would easily put you past Hazleton.
I cannot remember if you drive or trailer.
If you were driving from Summmit in a car, you could hit Scranton in 4 hours.

There is not much between H'Burg and Hazleton that I can think of. Pretty "rural",,,other than prisons and coal fields.

Your first decent bet after Harrisburg area for roadside easy off - on hotels would be the Hazleton area, followed by Wilkes Barre and then Scranton.

Feel free to call me if you want some info on area stuff.
I'd offer you to crash here, but I have no idea if I'll even be home then haha.

Best
jimmy
Mick wrote:I'm planning a trip to Summit in May and want to drive 2-4 hours North after the event on Sunday evening.

Can anyone recommend a good point to stop along 81 in PA? Maybe somewhere before Hazelton?

Thanks
Jimmy P
#98 BMW E30M3 - PC

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:28 pm

Thanks Jimmy,
I trailer my car. I'll shoot for Wilkes Barre or Scranton. Sounds like a good bet. I don't have anything booked, I was just gonna wing it. Worst case I'll sleep in the truck :/

I think I still have your cell #. Depending on timing I'll try and give you a call over the weekend. I'd love to take a quick detour to drop in and see the Prodrive car.

Any plans to come out with us this season?

-M

Jimmy Pet
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by Jimmy Pet » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:11 am

Hey Mick,

Moving North into the Wilkes Barre - Scranton area you have:
Wilkes Barre exit has a Red Roof, right off exit.
Scranton Airport exit has a Holiday Inn Express right off.
Davis Street Exit (stadium) has a bunch of stuff, Hampton Inn Comfort suites etc.
Those all have easy access and real parking lots that fit trailers.

I'd Love to try and hit a COM event or two this year. Just not sure of my touring schedule yet.
Losing the Glen was a COM killer for me.
NHIS is a HUGE tow, as are all the Canadian tracks.

Now before everyone starts calling me a big p*ssy,,, I am lucky enough to be (all times towing) 30 min tow to Pocono (5 configurations), 2 hours to the Glen, 3 Hours to Lime Rock, 4 1/2 hours to Summit.

If I'm gonnna run a roval,,, I'd just as soon tow 30 minutes to it than 7 hours, and many of the COM NHIS & CDN dates conflict with stuff closer at either the Glen, LRP or Summit,,, so right now its not looking too good.

So maybe COM Summit is my best possible bet at this point? Thats a long way off though. I'll sure try for that one though if work permits.

My cel is 570-840-0995 call anytime.
If I'm home your always welcome to stop in on your way through...
Cheers
jimmy
Jimmy P
#98 BMW E30M3 - PC