timers

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: timers

Post by Dave_G » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 pm

morrism wrote:
Dave_G wrote: Can you get the unit to compare the current lap vs your fastest lap? Now that would be useful!
It doesn't do that in real time (you can compare lap times after the session is over), but I wish it did. They do release fairly frequent updates to the software, though, and I don't have the most recent version. I can always hope that that feature has been added, or will be added.

But actually, I've found that it isn't that hard to remember what my fastest lap time has been. :)
Dave
ST4 Miata #62

morrism
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by morrism » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Dave_G wrote:But actually, I've found that it isn't that hard to remember what my fastest lap time has been. :)
True - I was more thinking it would be nice to measure yourself against your best lap so you can see when you are improving.

CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by CP » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:21 pm

I've been using the Racepak (MSD) G2X for the last year. It too uses satellites for positioning so you don't have to mess with equipment at the side of the track. It has a predictive lap segment feature that let's you know if your current lap is faster or slower than your previous lap. I set start/finish during the first session, which is easy to do and then don't touch the unit for the rest of the event. The unit has internal accelerometers and gathers a number of parameters while lapping, but I haven't analysed any data to date as the program is somewhat user unfriendly still.
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:11 pm

I am thinking an hour glass?
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40