Suggestions for new tracks thread

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Jimmy Pet
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by Jimmy Pet » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:33 am

HerbD wrote:
I inquired at Pocono last year, but the track is broken up into
several pieces, and if you want to run any 2 pieces (something
over 1.5 miles long), it will cost $15,000 a day. I think most of
us would prefer WGI at that price point.
Hey Herb,

I'll let you know when I am going to be at Pocono (I usually do about 12 events a year there). Come on down and check it out with another club like EMRA or PDA / NASA.

The North Course and the East Course are not insignificant tracks.
The East course is my 2nd favorite track in the northeast after only the Glen.
I'd rather drive the East course at Pocono than Lime Rock.
I seriously believe its more fun.
Awesome Time Trial track.
11 turns in 1.4 miles, a real handling track and a great equaliser of cars.
Its a drivers track,, pretty much every single type of turn is represented on it. Really separates the drivers from the point and shooters.
And you can run it in both directions.

The North course is pretty fast,,, not lots of turns, but a good day out none the less. 911 Turbos and Vettes can easily see in the 140s before turn in off the NASCAR track.

It looks like its been a pretty long time since COM was at Pocono,,, I think alot of the amenities have changed since then.
Might be worth at least a Recon party coming down to have a look via another club's event...

Not trying to "sell" Pocono,,, just trying to help. I get enough days there a year anyway...
Cheers
jimmy p.
Jimmy P
#98 BMW E30M3 - PC

christine

Post by christine » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:15 pm

HerbD wrote: I actually inquired at VIR, and all they had was a couple of mid-week
dates.
What did they charge? Maybe I'll squander my entire year's budget on my own personal day at VIR. :mrgreen:

Christine

TTA89

Post by TTA89 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:51 pm

I can understand the people that don't tow not wanting to travel very far from home but if you have a trailer and plan to do Summit or Canada events then your already commiting 2 solid days of travel time from the New England Area.

At least for me I don't see the difference between an 8 or 14 hour trip. A day is a day.

That said, I have been a member for 2 years but haven't done a Com event yet. I'm planning to do at least 1 Mosport and the Tremblant event and if VIR gets added I would be interested.