Lexan

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
billrice
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Lexan

Post by billrice » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:07 am

Hi all,
I’m looking to replace my windshield with Lexan. Any thoughts and/or places to have it done would be appreciated.
Tx
Bill

Stamanti
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Re: Lexan

Post by Stamanti » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:10 pm

After cracking a windshield and having a bear of a time getting a glass replacement - I ordered and still have sitting in the box a Shields polycarbonate windshield incase I need one again.

https://www.shieldswindshields.store/shop/

I haven't installed it, so I can't comment on quality.

Upping my spares game since I went through an engine, windshield, and tow rig transmission last season. But I'm sure I'll break whatever I don't have again.

docesm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: Lexan

Post by docesm » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 am

Hey Bill! If you haven't found what you're looking for yet, look into Margard. It's a coated lexan that makes it scratch resistant (I believe). Made a windshield for a former race car with it. Very workable. cut the shape, tried in, refined to fit perfect, drilled holes for zeus fasteners, painted top border black for sun glare, and installed. You would need a vertical support mid-shield to reduce sag. Came out great. Wish I could tell you where to get it, but a circle track friend sold it to me after he retired. Good luck, see you in the spring!