Club Motorsports

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Mario Fallas
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Club Motorsports

Post by Mario Fallas » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:28 pm

I can't believe we're in negotiations to go back there, as I recall, that visit was an absolute disaster, we got chased out by state police while trying to get in the track, sat miles away while trying to figure out what was up, ad that was just to get in, at the end, well over a dozen members end up getting booted for sound or whatever, yours truly included! but get this , it was after the 3rd stint! like the car was not loud before? as I recall the whole thing was a huge cluster#%*k , the track operators were no that nice about it!
I just remember not being welcomed at that place, at all,
I'll have to think long and hard before I spend a dollar going back there

TunaNoCrust
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Re: Club Motorsports

Post by TunaNoCrust » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:39 am

I was there a couple times this past year with nothing but great things to say about the facility and staff. My only complaints were the size of the parking area, and the on track/off track flow.

The current issues I heard were related to the pit out, but with a passenger side mirror and being able to see over the concrete barrier it was not an issue for me. The other was the lower paved parking lot was quite crowded, but if everyone had parked their trailers up top and only cars are down in the lower paved lot, that would not have been an issue.
Chuck Comeau
#55 T50 2019 Toyota 86

joncowen
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by joncowen » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:27 am

We have many members who want us to go back. So, we've decided to try to give the track another chance. I hope we can find a date to fit in our schedule. We're looking to do a single day, without a TT.
The track and the management was brand new back then. We're hoping things are much better now.

beatus
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by beatus » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:16 pm

Sounds like the first time there was a complete disaster, wow. That said, it's been a few years and their operations have matured - I think it's worth the best TT club in the area to try and make it to one of the best tracks in the area. For what it's worth, the 3 laps I got on track at Club last fall before my transmission blew up were fun :D
Brandon Ganem
#005 Mazda RX8

Boondocker850
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Boondocker850 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:52 am

I have been there a couple times now and the only complaint is the parking lot. Like Chuck said parking cars only in the lot and leaving trailers up top may be the way to go. As far as sound I did a turn down and only got a 🤫 once at pit out.
Andrew LaValley #1144 2007 Honda S2000