rush race cars

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: rush race cars

Post by 962porsche » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:42 pm

they are 14" shorter than a NA miata. .
they have the muffler inserts to drop the BD's down to 84 DBs at 50 feet drive by.
with out the insert they are 98 BD's the CAT's are removed but exhaust being longer then a bikes to get to the rear of the car.
if you need to have lower DB's bigger mufflers can be swapped.
for LRP , Tremblant and Palmer we will be swapping out the mufflers. it's quick and easy with two 12mm headed bolt holding on each muffler.
unlike our 93 NA and our MX5 cup nc's the Rush's are not as loud in the cars driving them the funny thing is you don't even get that much wind noise either but with out a aero helmet they do tend to lift some at high speeds.
we most likely will be suppling loaner helmets along with fire suits for our customers to use.
my concern was with getting parts not for the engine but the suspension and body they do have an abundance of all the parts in stock at rush but with the loss if time with shipping we may not have the parts if something happens at the track so we will be keeping a full supply of parts in our trailer.
we are talking with Cale for us to do rush track support in the N.E.

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: rush race cars

Post by 962porsche » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:02 pm

SandyClam wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:14 pm
I wouldn't mind driving one of these beasts myself, but I think using them in our school format with lead/follow is a poor idea, especially for a novice. IMO, I don't know what business any 200mph-capable full-on race car has in Group 4. But you should bring one to an event and run it in group 1, that would be fun to watch!

I've had some good success with lead/follow sessions the past couple of years with my more advanced students, so IMO it's a good tool in the arsenal. But for the kind of events we run, I don't think having a new driver on track in one of these cars, with the wide variety of cars/skill levels we see, as beneficial to anyone. The speed differential is one thing, safety differential another, and most of all, what do you do if someone gets a little red mist? It's not like that ever happens :lol:
taking to my wife we feel even with a club like COMSCC that you could be a driver with years under your belt of track days and racing. but your 1st event with COM your still a novice and need to do the class and your assigned an instructor. we strongly feel that if we are not instructing then we will not rent the cars out to let some we don't know instruct.
with lead shadow it's a type of instructing that has to learned very few instructors did it until covid and then when they had to start doing it they really had no idea how to do it. most still never learned and got the hang of it.
it's not like a total novice will be getting into the cars with the rush spec tunes . total novice students will get the tune that will bring the power level down to about a 600cc engine. still pretty quick but nothing like the rush tune.