Mitsubishi Evo (prepared something.. something)

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: blindsidefive0, Boondocker850

FredK
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Re: Mitsubishi Evo (prepared something.. something)

Post by FredK »

Yep, I also got 6.33 using the numbers you provided -- the alternate power I got was 418.6.

As it stands with the 418.6 hp Option B calculated power, you'd have to get to a competition weight of 2721 lbs to squeak into Super A.

Car: 2470 lbs
You: 180 lbs
Helmet and HANS: 6 lbs+

If you wanted to run SA, you'd have to add 65 pounds of ballast. Was the 2470 pound weight with a full tank of gas? Alternately, you could reduce your rev limiter to 7614 RPM and forget about putting ballast in. By doing so, you'd being the Option B power down to 408.6, and the resulting weight to power ratio to 6.5.

You might be able to get a lower power using Option A. What kind of dyno were your power runs made on? The rules state that you can take a 7% decrease for a correction factor on an AWD car if you used a Dynojet or Dynapack system.

Also, "Power" is defined as

“Power” = 2/3 wheel horsepower + 1/3 wheel torque

If you have a medium-ish amount of rwtq you might be able to get the power figure used in the calculation a smidge lower, especially if you took the numbers on a Dynojet or Dynapack.
-Fred
1991 BMW 318is
SB #242
agrabau
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by agrabau »

All signed up! I'm just going to run Super Duper class so there's no objections from anyone.
Alex Grabau
BMW E30 M3 FIA GR.H
DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy »

Alex SU is the right class to run. You don't have to worry about horse power, dyno sheets, torque, weight, etc. All you have to do is have a roll bar, driving suite, window net (or arm restraints), harness, and helmet. It's a run what you brung class. Have fun, I wish I could be there with you.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/
DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy »

Alex SU is the right class to run. You don't have to worry about horse power, dyno sheets, torque, weight, etc. All you have to do is have a roll bar, driving suite, window net (or arm restraints), harness, and helmet. It's a run what you brung class. Have fun, I wish I could be there with you.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/