black 1996 Mits 3000GT for sale

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
chaddejn
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

black 1996 Mits 3000GT for sale

Post by chaddejn » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:16 pm

At least in stock condition, not a car that I'd personally recommend for the track (and definitely not for a new driver), but I'd like to sell my 1996 Mits 3000gt base model $5000 as is.

I've seen base models locally selling at used car lots for upwards of $12000. I suspect this means a private sale of $9000ish is reasonable. My 3000GT needs a bit of TLC, specifically the tires are 20yo though have plenty of tread and hold air. Battery is currently dead and won't hold a charge, but last fall I jump started it and it started within ~10 seconds. Power steering also leaks... but might be as simple as a backed-out fitting, I haven't been able to figure that out myself. I figure that this is ranging from an OK deal (if the tires need to be replaced and the power steering system needs parts) to an absolute steal if you deem the tires to be OK and the power steering repair is as simple as tightening a fitting.

The good stuff... it has about 115000 miles and has had the clutch replaced about 5K ago and the engine is strong and the 140000 mile service (water pump, timing belt, plug/cables, etc) was done at the same time as the clutch, just cause that seemed reasonable. Work in the last 15-20ish years has been done by the wonderful folks at Fasttrack, most previous maintenance was done at the now defunct Lab Motors in Marblehead.

I haven't driven the car in about 4 years and has been garaged most of its life. I'll post some picture if any one is actually interested, though the car is currently covered in dust

-nelson