Rule Change #6: Touring Class Vehicle Base Class Adjustments, 2015+ Ford Mustang GT (w/IRS)

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: Boondocker850, blindsidefive0

Dtangard
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Rule Change #6: Touring Class Vehicle Base Class Adjustments, 2015+ Ford Mustang GT (w/IRS)

Post by Dtangard » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 pm

I suspect the 2015+ Mustang could overpower the competition if built to the limit of a class and driven well. The previous (non-IRS) model has a Subjective Performance Assessment of +0.0 (aka “Mustang penalty”), but the jump with the newer models is revolutionary. I believe the current assessment of +3.3 to be insufficient, leaving this car as a “points bargain”. While I have no direct experience, I believe either +5.0 or +6.7 would be fair for this platform. If it doesn’t go up in points, I’d expect to see a more people picking these up… better to increase now rather than annoy a bunch of customers after the fact.
Currently, the Ford Mustang GT 2015+ (with IRS) has a Subjective Performance Assessment of +3.3
Proposal 6: Change the Subjective Performance Assessment of the Ford Mustang GT 2015+ (with IRS) to +5.0
Derek
#01 T40
1995 Miata