First Palmer event 2016: Thanks COM!

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

First Palmer event 2016: Thanks COM!

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:27 am

Saturday was warm and sunny..but Sunday turned wet and wild! Everyones eyes were glued on the radar weather,especially after the time trial drivers meeting, as sirens wailed off in the distance...tornado warnings? Lucky were the early run groups…..as the heavens opened up around the half way point of TTs and didn't stop till awards. The front stretch looked more like speedboat racing! Big thanks to all the help and advice I got about helping correct my wet track oversteering pig of a car into a very manageable driver. Going out on a completely different set of tires/wheels and sway bar changes for a time trial (group 15) was intimidating..but within one lap I knew it was MUCH better than what I had previously,so I was able to "sail" through the streams and ponds with little drama. :shock:

Hats off to timing and control for managing a difficult situation on Sunday and making it all happen. Whiskey Hill is always fun,rain or shine. :D :sunny: :sunny:
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

n1gzd
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: First Palmer event 2016: Thanks COM!

Post by n1gzd » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:47 pm

I was wondering what those sirens meant.
Rebecca

Stise
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Re: First Palmer event 2016: Thanks COM!

Post by Stise » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:03 am

I heard them also, I thought it was a tornado warning or perhaps a volunteer fire department siren?
2007 Shelby GT, BFG R1s 275/35/18, Agent47 brake ducting, Vorshlag brake lines, Cobra Sebring, Race Roll Bar, Carbotech brake pads, FR3 handling Pack, FR Power Pack.

fb.com/trinkatiseracing.com