2004 Evo 8 track car for sale

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
delongedoug
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

2004 Evo 8 track car for sale

Post by delongedoug » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Greetings COMmies! First item up for bids in our Showcase Showdown is a fully HPDE/track prepared 2004 Evo 8 *applause* (and probably some flak). I bought the car in January 2007 in MA with ~30k miles. In 2008 I started autoXing and modding. After a year of autoXing, I started doing track days and have continued to do about 5 per year since 2009.

Maintained with the vigilant COM scrutineers in mind. Every piece of suspension has been off the car when installing a full bushing kit, anti-seized and torqued back to spec, drivetrain fluids changed at least once per year, oil and filter after every track day, same with brakes bled, head completely refreshed last summer, coolant flushed, gauges monitoring the vitals, etc. Just replaced a failed power steering pump and drive belt from the last NH day so it's all systems go. Very neutral and predictably handling setup.

I own the car outright and it currently sits in great shape with ~85k miles. Asking $20,000 OBO. No trades (unless you happen to have a clownshoe M Coupe or 930 911 Turbo). No rush to sell but ready to. Car needs an owner with more commitment than me. Easiest to contact me via email at douglasperkowski@gmail.com

Mod list:

Engine:
Evo 8 turbo with 10.5 hotside
Hallman RX Pro MBC @ 25psi
Forge 18psi wastegate
Walbro 255 fuel pump
HKS 272 cams
ARP head studs
Valve job done summer 2011 (valves refaced, new seals, pressure & vacuum tested, head decked)
All new gaskets summer 2011 (head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, O2 housing, downpipe, thermostat, turbo oil return line)
EGR delete
Buschur ported stock manifold
Megan downpipe
O2 housing
Test pipe
Buschur SCCA catback
ETS intake, LICP, UICP, 3” intercooler and mini battery kit
Timing belt and tensioner done at 60k by Alex at DSG in Norwood, MA
AC removed

Drivetrain:
Shep rebuilt tranny @ 65k miles (all new gears and synchros)
Exedy twin disk HD clutch
Always Redline MT90 in the tranny per Shep and Diaqueen in the transfer case and rear diff
Shifter cable bushings

Suspension:
Ohlins DFV coilovers (8k front, 10k rear) corner balanced by Jack at EFI
Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit
Whiteline Rear Bump Steer Kit
Whiteline Roll Center Correction Kit
Perrin rear end links

Interior:
Gutted (no carpet, headliner, rear door panels, rear deck, various trim pieces, but still has front door panels and stereo for sanity's sake)
Autopower 4 point rollbar with additional ¼” steel base plates for reinforcement and FIA padding
OMP RS-PT driver’s seat and OMP TRS passenger seat
G-Force 6pt camlock harnesses
ProSport Premium 60mm gauges (oil temp, oil pressure and EGT)
Innovate LC1 wideband (brand new Bosch sensor, not yet calibrated)
Autometer boost guage
Allview wide mirror

Exterior:
JDM Evo 7 taillights
JDM MR headlights
Ebay vortex generator
Custom fabricated tow hook

Brakes:
Centric blank rotors
Hawk HPS street pads, Raybestos ST43 track pads (also have spare HT10s and HP+s)
2" brake duct kit with Binary caliper mounts
Stainless lines
Motul RBF600 fluid

Wheels & Tires:
MR BBS wheels with 255/40/17 Star Specs

As you can tell, the car’s very track prepared at this point. So much so that I’m looking to move on to something cushy with heated seats, AC and other amenities a dedicated track beast lacks. Let me know if you want to see pictures of anything in particular or have any questions. Thanks for looking.

Doug

phpBB [video]
Blue Evo