Palmer Palmer Palmer

Any and all discussions concerning events.
PaddyMcP
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Palmer Palmer Palmer

Post by PaddyMcP » Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Thanks guys. Saves me scrambling for the laptop after the 1st session.

-Paddy

xms651
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by xms651 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:56 am

Thanks Paddy. For what it's worth:
PaddyMcP wrote:Thanks Mike, those numbers don't look quite right though… that's about 20 min from the track address if I'm copying it correctly to googlemaps.

Harry replied: "To not get it wrong, you may tell the guy who posted it is 20 minutes (driving distance) off, the coords are given in degree and minutes for the HLPT reference and in degrees for the other. To convert degree+minutes to degree, one needs to apply this formula: degree + minutes/60"

So it sounds like the two different coordinates are in fact very similar, just in different formats. He also said that his servers already had a couple hundred recorded laps with that map, so it's working.
Mike #651 / T40 - 2003 VW GTI Anniversary Edition - Daily driver with a few mods.

PaddyMcP
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by PaddyMcP » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:41 am

I figured I was screwing that up on my end. Thanks Mike!

TXBDan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by TXBDan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:04 pm

I'm watching Palmer videos on youtube and it just hit me that there are no corner workers or even corner stations setup yet. Not sure i love that. :?
Dan Durusky
Mazda RX8

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:23 pm

TXBDan wrote:I'm watching Palmer videos on youtube and it just hit me that there are no corner workers or even corner stations setup yet. Not sure i love that. :?
You must be watching some old videos, there are corner workers.

Mark Swinehart
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Mark Swinehart » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Everyone needs a little time off.

xms651
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by xms651 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:28 pm

TXBDan wrote:I'm watching Palmer videos on youtube and it just hit me that there are no corner workers or even corner stations setup yet. Not sure i love that. :?
Here's a recent video, with plenty of corner workers visible. No worries. :D

phpBB [video]
Mike #651 / T40 - 2003 VW GTI Anniversary Edition - Daily driver with a few mods.

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 am

xms651 wrote:
Here's a recent video, with plenty of corner workers visible. No worries. :D

phpBB [video]
..and that video is from a test day where there were limited stations manned. It will be fully covered for the COM day.

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 pm

n1gzd wrote: I am going to look for a dust cover for my car airfilter (cone shaped). possibly at hardware store a re-usable vacuum bag would work. this way I can keep most of the dust off my filter and not have to clean it as soon.

Rebecca
Here's what my filter looked like before I changed it today. This was from 1 day there.
I'm sure the situation has improved now that we've had some rain.

PaddyMcP
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by PaddyMcP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:23 pm

On the topic of GPS and coordinates, Just thought I would share what I found this weekend. I struggled in certain corners to get proper GPS signal where my GPS was mounted inside the car this past weekend. Specs say to mount it in the center of the roof - which has always been a huge installation PITA for us with a hard top. Well I wish we listed to directions better. Turns 7-9 gave me the biggest issues. Tons of trees, and a narrow track. The lap gain loss was going crazy along with the gear detection. The GPS would drop from 8 satellites to 6 during those sections and effectively record bad location and speed data.

Never had this issue before at other tracks. Just a heads up for guys having funny stuff happen with their speed traces/lap gain loss.

Those start finish coordinates hit perfectly for me BTW.