7-27 Thompson Photos

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: 7-27 Thompson Photos

Post by 962porsche » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:21 pm

I do totally agree with that too you never see shots of tops and backs of cars .
then again you lapped me so many times at Thompson all I saw of your car was the tail lamps .

trinkalizer
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post by trinkalizer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 604&type=1 here you go guys!

or just find him on FB @amozic photography

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 am

amozic does have some good pic . but most seam to be of a black mustang .
there is one of the back end with my Miata in it . like Mick stated it's a good to also have other shots too of cars .
there is also some from the bridge down to the tops of the cars but the down side to them is you see the fence in the foreground .

CLARUS is offering a 10% off coupon for prints AUG10 is the coupon # I believe ???
you can contact them to double check .
I have emailed Clarus about some things I'm interested in with my order with them . they really seam to be a great business to deal with and are or were very helpful with my questions I had .

n1gzd
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by n1gzd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:45 pm

that what I am talking about:

lots of motion apparent in wheels and background. Now you can see that the car is moving fast.
It is difficult to get this right especially when you are near the car and taking a pic from the side (it goes by so fast).

thanks for the pics (I appreciate both sets but just wanted to point out this one pet peeve of mine).

Rebecca

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Rebecca
I know just what your saying and do agree to a point .

my self as an artist drawing and airbrushing I will do 12 to 15 idea sketch's before I get just what I'm looking for to paint or do the final drawing .

there also be some shots that a photographer takes that are not worth any thing for one reason or another .
personally I know nothing about there business but as a business owner i have to thing of the masses not just what a single person would like .
now if they took photos and every one was as you stated would they all be better for the masses ?
again personally my feeling is no .
as you enlarge a photo I do I know if it looks real clear in a smaller size they will not look that way as you enlarge them . this is what happened to one I had enlarged with a fuzzy back ground . the hole car looked a bit fuzzy too .
it sucked for me as I paid 100 dollar for the enlargement to find it was just a waist of money .
I do have a photo of another car of mine that was enlarged from a shot were the back ground and wheels are nice and clear . they doctored the photo as I asked if they could and made it look like the car was moving quickly .
that photo was also enlarged and looks great the car is supper clear but looks like it's moving fast .
I would bet this place that did the Thompson photos could do the same ????
I'm going to have one of the photos they took of the gay Ferrari 2 (Miata) at Thompson and have them enlarge it for me . I do not want the back ground and wheels fuzzy in the enlargement .
the rims are covered in brake dust and I think it looks cool that way . if they fuzzied up the rims they would just look like they were dark color wheels when in reality they are silver .
again I'm not in the photography business but I think it would be easier to take a clear photo and make the back ground fuzzy ???? then take a fuzzy back ground and try and make it clear .

Rotary-Amuse
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by Rotary-Amuse » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:17 pm

My wife took a few shots at Thompson, primarily of me (she's my number one fan, what can I say?!) and run group 4, but there are mixed run groups throughout: flickr - Thompson 7.27.2014

I spent my day mostly in the car and classroom, but it looked like there were a lot of great vantage points for spectators and photographers